The first time I dropped quarter into a Jukebox was back in the mid 70's. Heading to a bowling tournament in Southern California with The Wilkins and we stopped in at the "Wild Horse" Saloon and Restaurant in King City, walked over to the jukebox and played Merle Haggard "Oakie From Muskogee". The Wilkins, not country music fans, starting laughing and said let's get the hell outta here!
Chris Stapleton is king of jukeboxes across the country.
Not only is he the most played artist of 2017, his song "Tennessee Whiskey" is the most played song. Jon Pardi is the top-played newcomer.
Country stars account for half of the Top 10 artists, and six of the Top 10 songs are country. The list was compiled from data from over 65,000 bars and restaurants. (Rolling Stone)
Here are the top artists of 2017:
- Chris Stapleton
- Eric Church
- Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Bruno Mars
- The Rolling Stones
- Luke Bryan
- Johnny Cash
- George Strait
These are the top songs of 2017:
- Chris Stapleton - "Tennessee Whiskey"
- Keith Urban - Blue Ain’t Your Color"
- Sam Hunt - "Body Like a Backroad"
- Jon Pardi - "Dirt on My Boots"
- Steve Earle - "Copperhead Road"
- Garth Brooks - "Friends in Low Places"
- Ed Sheeran - "Shape of You"
- Bruno Mars - "That’s What I Like"
- Queen - "Fat Bottomed Girls"
- Bruno Mars - "24K Magic"