A fifth-grader in New Mexico brought some candy into school to share with friends -- and turned her elementary school into a high school.
The nine-year-old brought a box of gummy candies into school and passed them around to her classmates. A short while later, kids began complaining about feeling dizzy and blurred vision. The nurse asked the girl what she'd eaten and was shown an empty box of marijuana edibles. An announcement was then made over the loudspeaker asking anyone who'd eaten the candy to come to the nurse's office.
Six kids ate the candy and felt sick. Teachers called their parents and had paramedics come to the school. Fortunately, none of the kids have any lasting effects. School officials say the pot edibles belonged to the student's grandfather. It's not known if any charges will be filed.